MQTT command for getting /status

• Hello,

I have the following problem with Shelly 25 and MQTT:

I can connect to the MQTT broker - no problems

I can do "shellies/shellyswitch-<deviceid>/relay/<i>/command" with "on" and "off" -> works perfectly

But if I subscribe to "shellies/shellyswitch-<deviceid>/status" I would expect some data (maybe a JSON array) to appear (when?). Does not happen.

I am totally lost.

Did anybody ever succeed in receiving status data via MQTT using this (or any other) topic?

Thanks for any help!

• Hi,

I'm new to the shelly products but have been working to get the Shelly1 PM working with my Home Assistant, using MQTT and a Raspberry Pi 3.

I know this thread is a little old, but maybe it will help future users.

I can control its switch and monitor power / temperature etc from home assistant.

I'd also recommend using the program MQTT Explorer, connected to your home assistant to debug what the exact topics are from the shelly devices.

I didn't have much luck using the status command, but could get what i needed using the below topics.

Also note that some material on the internet says you old need the last 6 digits of the device ID, but i needed all of them -maybe a change with the latest firmware as of 13/02/2020.

Here is an example of my working config:

To monitor and control the switch

state_topic: "shellies/shelly1pm-8CAAB5057400/relay/0"

command_topic: "shellies/shelly1pm-8CAAB5057400/relay/0/command"

Reading the instant power output

state_topic: "shellies/shelly1pm-8CAAB5057400/relay/0/power"

Total energy used

state_topic: "shellies/shelly1pm-8CAAB5057400/relay/0/energy"

The units internal temperature

state_topic: "shellies/shelly1pm-8CAAB5057400/temperature"

• Hello,

I had the same problem. The reason is a mistake in the documentation. By the shelly 2.5 all topics begin with "shellies/shellyswitch25-<deviceid>".

best regards

Jürgen

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hausautomatisierung bisher mit:

Hardware: RaspberryPi, Fritzbox, CometDECT, Shelly 2.5, Shelly Door/Window

Software: Docker mit MQTT- und Node RED Containern