Two way switching with Shelly 1L - Australian wiring

• DFA8DD4D-11C3-4DFE-B2FD-4A11B94E2602.jpegI have looked at a lot of videos and read a lot of posts about 2/3 way switching but it seems that everyone has a slightly different set up to me.

I believe that this is the standard way to do it here in Australia.

I have 3 wires to each switch, the line in is connected to the common of one switch and the load is connected to the common of the other as shown in the sketch above. What is the best way to connect a Shelly 1L in this configuration?

• I think this ist the way for you.

12700-ar768-wechselschaltung-ohne-n-png

shelly 1L behind the switch with the line.

LG

Michael

10x Shelly 2.5 ; 20x Shelly1; 3x Shelly 1L mit Bypass und Einschaltstrombegrenzer; Shelly I3; 2 x D/W2; 2 x Shelly Plug S, 1x Shelly Dimmer und 1 Shelly H&T über Cloud, APP und Alexa gesteuert.8o8o8o

9 x Shelly 2,5 und 4 x Shelly1 fremd verbaut, inkl. Cloud und Alexa Sprachsteuerung.

Jeder so wie er kann!  :D :D

• Thanks but I don’t think so. The active comes into one switch and returns to the light from the other.

I don’t have L and O at the same switch

• Hello Jordans

I think you understand this circuit diagram better.

Two Way Switching without N Australian wiring Shelly1L.png

kind regards

LG

Michael

10x Shelly 2.5 ; 20x Shelly1; 3x Shelly 1L mit Bypass und Einschaltstrombegrenzer; Shelly I3; 2 x D/W2; 2 x Shelly Plug S, 1x Shelly Dimmer und 1 Shelly H&T über Cloud, APP und Alexa gesteuert.8o8o8o

9 x Shelly 2,5 und 4 x Shelly1 fremd verbaut, inkl. Cloud und Alexa Sprachsteuerung.

Jeder so wie er kann!  :D :D

• Installing the Shelly 1 Relay

1. N goes to Neutral (required)
    2. L and I and the Line/Live input on the light switch (which you determined above) connect to Line/Hot.
    3. SW connects to the light switch input previously connected to load (light)
    4. O connects to the non-hot (load) wire previously connected to the light switch.

A one way light switch has two terminals which is a common marked as COM or C. The common is for the live wire that supplies the input voltage to the switch. ... If you're circuit is only Coffee machine is not a luxury, but a necessity one way, you can ignore this terminal and it will still work. This is because two-way switches can also be used on one-way circuits.