Shelly 2.5 for Roller Blinds and Alexa

• I just managed to connect a Shelly 2.5 to our roller blinds and I have already calibrated it. Via the Shelly app it works fine.

ShellyRollerBlind.png

I also tested creating a "scene" to schedule when to open the roller blinds and from the Shelly 2.5 app this works fine too!

ShellyRollerBlindScene.PNG

Now where I am a bit lost and here I could use some help is how to integrate this with our Alexa. How can I ask Alexa to e.g. close the blinds, close the blind 80%, open the blinds, or add it to a scene in Alexa? Is it normal for the Shelly 2.5 roller blinds to show up in Alexa as a "plug"?

AlexaRollerBlind.png

• Hi Sven,

Here is an entry in the dictionary of our forum.

Can you read postings in German? If not, I try to translate it for you. ;)

• I found this in another thread:

Translation:

I hope, that's a help for you.

• I have added it to Alexa but it appears as a plug, so the only thing Alexa understands is something like "Alexa garden off" to lower the blinds and "Alexa garden on" to raise the blinds ... but there is no way to stop or pause or ask Alexa to only lower x% or anything. I question whether the roller blinds should appear as "plug" which basically only knows on/off?

Edit: Cloud is activated btw and the mode is set to Shutter

• Sorry Sven,

I can't help more, of cause i don't use Alexa myself.;(

But i think, you can get help by other users, perhaps by MIHO or HarryP_1964 .

Good luck.

• Ok, quick update. I've now created "routines" on Alexa, one called "Alexa, blinds up" and the other "Alexa, blinds down" which makes asking Alexa to move the blinds sounds a bit less weird. I am still not able to "pause" once the command is executed and I am not sure how to get Alexa to only close the roller blinds e.g. 80%

• Ok, quick update. I've now created "routines" on Alexa, one called "Alexa, blinds up" and the other "Alexa, blinds down" which makes asking Alexa to move the blinds sounds a bit less weird. I am still not able to "pause" once the command is executed and I am not sure how to get Alexa to only close the roller blinds e.g. 80%

Just say "Alexa,> Shelly device name <80% or 50% or 20%" depending on which shade you want. Stop command does not work with Alexa to my knowledge. For the commands "open" and "close" you have created routines. That's the right and only way to do it that way.

LG Michael 😁

Einsteigertipps / Tips for beginners

Meine Shellys:

In Betrieb: 1x Shelly Dimmer / SL, 5x Shelly 1, 2x Shelly 1PM, 2x Shelly 2.5, 2x Shelly RGBW2, 1x Shelly 4Pro, 4x Shelly H&T, 1x Shelly Sense, 10x Shelly Plug S, 1x Shelly Plug, 3x Shelly Smoke V1, 1x Shelly EM, 1x Shelly Flood, 1x Shelly Eye

Im Bestellprozess/nicht verbaut: 3x Shelly Dimmer / SL, 1x Shelly Door/Window / 2x Shelly 2.5, 1x Shelly 2

Kein übergeordnete System. Nur App und WebUI 😉 mit Cloudverbindung.

• Hi Jonko , welcome in the forum. :)

I'm shure, you will find help.

What are you thinking about the source of your problem?

node red or alexa ?:/

• Hi 66er , thanks.

I think the source of the problem is more or less Alexa as it discovers the shelly 2.5 as a switch which just distinguishes between on or off.

I got a workaround in node red which isn't pretty but working now.

I added a 2nd device in node red with a different name but yet is still the shelly 2.5. It sends a stop commando to the shelly when i say blinds off. To have them going up or down I've gotta say shades up or down. Might be a temporary solution for you as well SvenHjerson

• I'm no Alexa-user and so i could not help you, sorry.;(

But surely there will be an alexa-user who can help.

Have a nice sunday.:)