Shelly 1L light always on

• Hello;

I have a Shelly 1L with bypass. I installed the Shelly in the light socket and connected it to the switch as shown in the diagram. The system works and I add it to the WiFi and adopt it in the application.

As soon as I update the system it no longer turns off the light and the light is always on. I did this with 3 Shelly 1L and afterwards I stopped being afraid that I am doing something wrong and breaking them.

Can anyone assist me in figuring out what is wrong?

Regards

Abdulaziz

• Interested into this topic too.

After updating shelly 1L to 1.9.2 they stop to switch off light.

Tried with 4 1L... same result. They were all working (with button ad via application); later update them stop to work as expected.

I can hear sound coming from device as i press input into application; Device react if I switch off "operating light" (the red light into device) but it turn off power to system connected.

Roberto

• I've just got one 1L and upgraded that to 1.9.2. I was testing the Button 1 and 2 Switched On/Off URL settings, and I noticed that Button 2 OFF sends GET request to the URL configurated to Button 1... (Button 1 OFF sends that same request too).

To me this is cleary a bug in Shelly 1L software...

• Hi all, same issue, the lights are always on, both switches and shelly 1L do not do anything and lights are always on.

• Hi,

I have the same problem.

I've installed the bypass and the shelly 1L as shown in the diagram and the lights are always powered on.

I hear a sound when I press power button or when I press the switch, but the light doesn't power down.

I supose it is a .bug

• Wow, I've recently bought a lot of Shelley kit as I am moving away from Sonoff as I assumed eu product might be safer but my general experiences so far and reading these forums is very worrying!

• Hi, now there is v1.9.3 available, and that fixed at least the problem I was having (with Button Off URLs)...

Thanx,

Sami

• Somebody any workaround? I have a shelly 1L which always worked and now even with the v1.9.3 Im not able to turn it off. Probably the only right thing to do is put a Shelly1 in there... (I connected it WITH Neutral!)

• Somebody any workaround? I have a shelly 1L which always worked and now even with the v1.9.3 Im not able to turn it off. Probably the only right thing to do is put a Shelly1 in there... (I connected it WITH Neutral!)

me too, I have 4 shelly 1L with problems: one with neutral, and 3 without that always one :(

what can I do?

It's not complicated circuit, the simple and exactly as in the instruction, without bypass (led lamp over 50w, and with the neutral is 12w)

on 1.9.3 Shelly 20201228-092147/v1.9.3@ad2bb4e3

• I have this issue as well. It makes "click noises" but the light (tube lights) remain on. I have it wired with a neutral wire. So, Line, Neutral and Output. I do not have any switches attached.

• I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Two new Shelly 1L, properly connected. The installation in terms of software was successful but the lights wont turn off. The relay is simply not working, although I can hear the sound.

• I am also having the issue. Tried 2 units and same issue. Works for a little while, then suddenly stops turning off. App and physical switch does not turn it off. When turning off you can hear the relay click, however it is a softer click than normal.

On the latest firmware.

If I rapidly toggle the physical switch 6 or 7 times it seems to turn off and then start operating normally again.

• I am also having the issue. Tried 2 units and same issue. Works for a little while, then suddenly stops turning off. App and physical switch does not turn it off. When turning off you can hear the relay click, however it is a softer click than normal.

On the latest firmware.

If I rapidly toggle the physical switch 6 or 7 times it seems to turn off and then start operating normally again.

Wackyb. Exactly like mine, including the the softer relay click sound.

Meanwhile I contacted Shelly Technical Support, who could not provide me with a solution and recommended me to contact the distributor from which I had bought the devices. I did and they replaced these two units. However, the new ones show exactly the same issue!

I have tried installing them both with and without neutral but it always ends up with the same issue.

I am about to give up on Shelly 1L. Seems to me it is not a bullet-proof product (yet?).