Shelly 1L no-neutral+bypass crashes on switching light

• HI

I just received my Shelly 1L and started to test it on ceiling lamp.

Cabling following the "no-neutral" diagram and using the bypass. There is only 1 switch (configured as edge), 2nd switch is configured as detached.

The lamp is a 13W "corn-style" led lamp with 86 leds format 5050.
    Shelly 1L is configured on my Wifi with static IP, MQTT.

Everything is fine except that randomly, when switching it either on or off, the Shelly seems to crash.
    It become unresponsive to IP (web, ping, mqtt, ...) and the lamp flickers very quickly at reduced brightness.
    However the relay isn't clicking (perfectly silent).

If I unscrew the lamp (E27 socket), Shelly restarts.

Any idea on what could be the problem or a way to debug this ?

Thanks

• I have the same issue using a Shelly 1L with bypass, with a test install. For me the unit crashes during a switch for both a physical switch as well as using the app.

• Same issue: switching Shelly 1L off, it seems to crash and the lamp flickers very quickly (the relay isn't clicking).

I can't get the daroca's solution. Some one can explain me how to rewire?

• I have the same issue using a Shelly 1L with bypass, with a test install. For me the unit crashes during a switch for both a physical switch as well as using the app.

Could you explain me how to solve it, please?

Thanks a lot! :S

• Why my post has been delete and tread marked as resolved ?

Same issue: switching Shelly 1L off, it seems to crash and the lamp flickers very quickly

• I have the exact same issue and would appreciate a fix. Is there a way to help troubleshoot or provide relevant logs/information?

• Shelly 1L connected with no neutral and bypass to an LED lamp
    • When turning the lights off, the device sometimes crashes:
      • lights flickering on low brightness
      • device becomes unresponsive to network requests
    • My impression is that this mostly occurs after the lights have been on for a period of time, not when toggling on/off/on/off in quick succession
    • Only way out is to cut power (flip circuit breaker off/on for me)
    • The issue occurs on both the latest stable (v1.9.3) and latest beta (v1.10.0-rc1) version.

I don't have any physical buttons connected to the 1L and exclusively turn the device off/on via the Web UI, CoAP or the /relay/0?turn=toggle URL.

I sometimes see the same behavior on "boot up" of the device, i.e. after flipping the circuit breaker on again.

• I created a support ticket for my issue and Shelly sent a new 1L as a replacement - which unfortunately shows the same behavior when connected with a Bypass and no Neutral.

Because the switch is detached anyway in my setup, I was able to move the 1L into the lamp casing, where I have a Neutral. With the Shelly 1L connected to both L and Neutral, the crash issue does not occur.

(In this configuration, I also noticed that I can hear the relay click when I cut the power from the circuit breaker.)

• Same here, no neutral, no switch connected, with bypass connected and a 7W LED lamp. Steps to reproduce:

1. Switch on lamp through web UI
    2. Wait half a minute
    3. Turn off through web UI
    4. Flickering starts and Shelly is unresponsive.
    5. Disconnect Shelly from power
    6. Reconnect to get Shelly up and running again

Edited once, last by Jospfh ().

• I actually managed to resolve the issue by using a bypass from another vendor.

Meanwhile I also have a shelly bypass that blew up..... So I stopped using shelly bypasses and ordered some higher quality ones.

robb-smarrt-bypass-2_1099306623.png