Shelly Dimmer 2 Firmware

• Hello,

I recently purchased a Shelly Dimmer 2 thinking it would be supported by Tasmota. It turns out that some code is in testing but not fully baked. Can someone send me a URL the original factory firmware for the Shelly Dimmer 2 so that I can reflash?

Many thanks,

Mark

• Following this last post, I managed to pull the SHDM-2.zip file from this portal although it was not straight forward. For some reason, I needed to put in my public IP address to get the file before it would give me a compound URL from which I could figure out the file URL.

Anyway, contents of the dimmer-I51-1.0 zip contains 4 bin files and a manifest.json file. I assume that this contains all the data needed for an OTA reload.

For manual reloads, can anyone point me to a list of esptool commands (or the like) to reload the Shelly to its factory state? I assume that each of these bin files need to be added to different parts of memory.

Thanks,

Mark

• I was able to get the zip from the above listing and as Mark indicated there are several files. If I hit the http://192.168.33.1/index.html.gz file it brings up a basic UI but says it can't find the time and initially says device not enabled, but then it looks connected. However the interface is not usable, in that you can't click on anything and nothing happens. The Accesspoint is showing up and I can connect to it (as mentioned) but I can't do anything with it. Any suggestions?

• Hi mtroyer,

did you ever tried a later Tasmota version? I'm considering Tasmota and am looking for real life experience.

• I was able to get the zip from the above listing and as Mark indicated there are several files. If I hit the http://192.168.33.1/index.html.gz file it brings up a basic UI but says it can't find the time and initially says device not enabled, but then it looks connected. However the interface is not usable, in that you can't click on anything and nothing happens. The Accesspoint is showing up and I can connect to it (as mentioned) but I can't do anything with it. Any suggestions?

I am currently in the same situation.

I have flashed tasmota und then back to original firmware. Now I only have the AP of the shelly. When I connect to this AP I got only a "Index of/" page. Can't do anything there.

Any hints whats missing here?

pasted-from-clipboard.png