Shelly 1 fallback to AP mode when Wifi fails

Lass dich durch uns Informieren
Wir Informieren dich über neuigkeiten und Angebote von Allterco.
Melde dich beim Newsletter an !
Diesen findest du rechts in der Menueleiste ganz unten.
  • I recently lost connection to 3 shellys (I have 6, the other 3 where working fine). Seems they where unable to connect the Wifi network. All three are woking with a detached switch. Which means that I am unable to reset them using the switch. The only soluton is open the wall socket and physical turn them off/on. I did this with one and that is one is now working. I will do that with the other 2.

But my question is : Is there a fall backup to AP mode after the shelly is unable to connect to the configured WLAN after X minutes or X retries.

This might elliminate the need to open the wall sockets.... I could just connect to the AP and reboot or factory reset the device..

• Best Answer

No, there's no such thing.

There is also the soft reset function, where the fuse is triggered. 5x fuse on and off.

This also puts the Shelly in AP mode for 3 minutes. If nothing is changed, it goes back to the old settings.

Soft Reset Shelly Relais

LG Michael

Einsteigertipps / Tips for beginners

Meine Shellys:

In Betrieb: 3x Shelly Dimmer, 3x Shelly 1, 2x Shelly 1PM, 2x Shelly 2.5, 1x Shelly RGBW2, 1x Shelly 4Pro, 4x Shelly H&T, 1x Shelly Sense, 10x Shelly Plug S, 2x Shelly Plug, 3x Shelly Smoke V1, 1x Shelly EM, 1x Shelly Flood, 3x Shelly Duo GU10, 2x Shelly Vintage, Shelly Duo, 1x Shelly Eye, 2x Shelly Door/Window, Shelly Button, Shelly Button 1

Testboard mit Shelly Dimmer, Shelly 2.5, Shelly RGBW2, Shelly 1, Shelly 1Pm, Shelly i3, Shelly Temp Add-On mit DHT22 und DS18B20

Noch nicht verbaut: Shelly 3EM, Shelly Dimmer 2, Shelly Door/Window 2, Shelly GAS, Shelly i3,

Kein übergeordnete System. Nur App und WebUI mit Cloudverbindung.:)

• Thnx for the info. So that leaves me no option then to open the wall sockets.

(Using the fuse/reset will cause more issue's.,. The ISP router and switches are on the same fuse as the shelly ;-).

• Maybe you can connect the router to another circuit, to another fuse for soft reset?

Disconnect other sensitive devices from the power.

LG Michael

Einsteigertipps / Tips for beginners

Meine Shellys:

In Betrieb: 3x Shelly Dimmer, 3x Shelly 1, 2x Shelly 1PM, 2x Shelly 2.5, 1x Shelly RGBW2, 1x Shelly 4Pro, 4x Shelly H&T, 1x Shelly Sense, 10x Shelly Plug S, 2x Shelly Plug, 3x Shelly Smoke V1, 1x Shelly EM, 1x Shelly Flood, 3x Shelly Duo GU10, 2x Shelly Vintage, Shelly Duo, 1x Shelly Eye, 2x Shelly Door/Window, Shelly Button, Shelly Button 1

Testboard mit Shelly Dimmer, Shelly 2.5, Shelly RGBW2, Shelly 1, Shelly 1Pm, Shelly i3, Shelly Temp Add-On mit DHT22 und DS18B20

Noch nicht verbaut: Shelly 3EM, Shelly Dimmer 2, Shelly Door/Window 2, Shelly GAS, Shelly i3,

Kein übergeordnete System. Nur App und WebUI mit Cloudverbindung.:)