Direct valve position control (e.g. for bleeding, etc.)

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 197 times. The last Post () by realbudhead.

• According to the API documentation (link), one can get the position of the valve (/thermostats/0, "pos" attribute).

How can one directly SET the position of the valve (e.g. fully open or fully close)?

Such a feature is needed for situations when particular valve positions (at least fully open and fully closed) are required regardless of the target and measured temperatures, for example:

- when bleeding the radiators (the valve must be fully open)

- if a pipe/radiator has to be replaced/repaired, or any other related activity (the valve must be fully closed)

- when performing complete valve open-close cycles, in order to prevent it from becoming stuck/calcified/etc.

• I wasn't aware of this functionality when I wrote my post, but it defently works fine. Already tested.

When you disable automatic temperature control, the valve can be set in any position.

• I wasn't aware of this functionality when I wrote my post, but it defently works fine. Already tested.

When you disable automatic temperature control, the valve can be set in any position.

Thanks for checking!

So in a nutshell one has to do the following thorugh API:

1. set "/settings/thermostats/0/target_t.enabled" to FALSE (disable automatic valve control / "manual override")

2. set "/thermostats/0/pos" to desired position

3. set "/settings/thermostats/0/target_t.enabled" to TRUE (enable automatic valve control / return to the state before the "manual override")

right?

If you have a TRV around, could you please help me by checking if the MQTT topics allow the same?

(I haven't ordered any TRV yet, as I first want to check if the valve can be manually controlled through MQTT / HomeAssistant).

• You will be able to control the valve position in the next mobile app version (it will be released soon), you can do it right now trought the web app.
    To control the valve position you should keep automatic temperature control always to off.

I have not tested it trough the API, but you should be able to set position trough the Cloud API.

It is possible to set it trough the HTTP api on the device.

As I can see there are some issues with MQTT and TRV, but it should be solved soon. Some people are able to set it up, but I have no experiance if you can control it trough the MQTT topic.