Connection to server lost

• hi,

After a month of smooth working, one shelly ht stopt working.

I thought, lets get both out of their place and reset them, and also give them a static ip while i'm working on them.

Since then i have nothing but trouble. The app loses the connection to the server alot.

I can't even get both shelly's visible again in the app. Getting them on the network is possible, but after that, the drama starts.

I once got both visible and addded to a room, but then one shelly kept showing 0.0 temp. and 0.0 humidity.

I reset both again and then the server goes lost again so i have to wait again.

Why is connection to the server lost so often? Is there maintanance on the server or something else? My home network is just fine. I reset everything but nothing helps.

I really think it's the app or server.

It's taking too much time this way.

What to do?

• i can reach the shelly ht with the ip adress and set them correctly.

But when i open the shelly cloud app then the app stays offline. So i can't get the sensor dat in the app, and in the room.

See pictures

• after reinstalling the app for the 4th time 1 sensor showd upon starting up the app and the other one by adding with ip.

I hope it will last because it gives a buggy feel.

• oke, juli 11th one sensor has gone offline again. What is wrong with that.

From the 4th of juli i got it working, so it lasted a week.

I set a static ip and everything else was fine. The other one who is facing the same circumstances is working fine.

It is the second time this sensor goes offfline after a short period of time (1 week or so)

What can there be done to fix this?

The sensor is beneath the ground floor, so not a place to go often, that's why i wanted a (working) wifi sensor in the first place ..

Please help otherwise i might sent it back.

• yes i did that.

I solved it, the powerline wifi was in the wrong place so one sensor got bad signal.

I have a good isolated floor so the signal gets weaker at the sensor underneath the floor.

I got the signal to 'fair' for one sensor and 'poor' for the other one. This seems just enough.

• yes i did that.

I solved it, the powerline wifi was in the wrong place so one sensor got bad signal.

I have a good isolated floor so the signal gets weaker at the sensor underneath the floor.

I got the signal to 'fair' for one sensor and 'poor' for the other one. This seems just enough.

I have a 3 floors house + garage and bfore i also have that signal problem even with powerline, so i have bought an good Mesh system and the bad signal have disappeared....

• L.Sousa

Thanks for the suggestion.

If i may still experience temporary signal loss then i might consider a mesh. Allthough it is just for these two sensors so maybe a bit expensive, but also future proof since i have a large home and garden.

Could there maybe be a solution with a stronger signal for just in one space?