Standalone switch for Home assistant

• Hi!

I have a Shelly 2.5 that I want to install on a 2 pulse button wall switch.

When I press a button, I just want the Shelly to send a trigger to Home Assistant, and there I will decide what to do.

Just that! So no other lamps to connect to directly.

On the wall I have Neutral and Phase for the Shelly.

Is this possible? How would the circuit look like?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi,

you will find the wiring in section "Lexikon" part "connection diagram". For your project you don't have to connect the load.

And in part "Http-Requests" of the "Lexikon" you will find some pattern for the message you will create.

Good luck

Viele Grüße,

Wolfgang

Nachdem ich meine Haussteuerung jahrelang ausschließlich mit einer TSX3722-SPS (Telemecanique) verkabelt hatte und mittlerweile dezentral auf die Kleinsteuerung EasyE4 von Eaton umrüste, bin ich nun auch dem Shelly-Wahn verfallen.

Ich freue mich die Systeme miteinander zu verknüpfen und damit final Cloudverweigerer werden zu können.

• Hi Eulhofer,

Thanks for your reply!

The diagrams I see all have lamps, shutters or some other kind of device. I just want the switches and the Shelly.

You say I don't have to connect the load, which terminals you mean exactly?

Thanks!

• The diagrams I see all have lamps, shutters or some other kind of device. I just want the switches and the Shelly.

You say I don't have to connect the load, which terminals you mean exactly?

Hi,

exactly what you wrote: No load as lamps, shutter or other kind of device...

Just connect the supply and the switch... thats it.

Viele Grüße,

Wolfgang

Nachdem ich meine Haussteuerung jahrelang ausschließlich mit einer TSX3722-SPS (Telemecanique) verkabelt hatte und mittlerweile dezentral auf die Kleinsteuerung EasyE4 von Eaton umrüste, bin ich nun auch dem Shelly-Wahn verfallen.

Ich freue mich die Systeme miteinander zu verknüpfen und damit final Cloudverweigerer werden zu können.